- Once Upon a Diamond’ by Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia, grandson of Prince Regent Paul and Princess Olga of Yugoslavia and a relative of the sprawling web of Russian, Greek and Italian royalty.
- Prince Dimitri was formerly senior vice president of jewellery at Sotheby’s as well as the founder of his own jewellery brand.
- In this wide-ranging tome, with the subtitle, ‘a family tradition of royal jewels’ Prince Dimitri shares previously unseen family photo albums belonging to the Grand Duchess Elena of Russia as well as a catalogue of the legendary collection of jewels of the leading women of the European and Russian courts.
- Prince Dimitri’s first-hand knowledge of this fascinating world, offers a fascinating glimpse into the life of the aristocracy on the cusp of the Russian Revolution.
- Think of it as a ‘who’s who’ and ‘who owned what’ of jewellery during one of the most exquisite periods of jewellery creation with the frisson of a peek behind the scenes.