- Gems’ accompanies the exhibition at the Natural History Museum in Paris, a collaboration between the museum and Parisian jeweller Van Cleef & Arpels.
- The book offers both the academic insight of the museum as well as the artistic brilliance of Van Cleef & Arpels.
- You can lose yourself in dozens of chapters on the different minerals and gems and their formation and characteristics written by eminent curators, gemmologists, mineralogists and other highly-specialised scientists.
- Forming a bridge between theory and art, the book reflects the layout of the exhibition and places side by side raw crystals and finished examples of Van Cleef & Arpels jewels using the same precious mineral.
- Rigorous yet visually appealing this book explores both sides of the gemstone world.