- The looped structure of the necklace is made in white gold set with diamonds, and scoops up in its folds light pink kunzites and cherry bright rubellites.
- Between the loops are miniature micro mosaic ‘paintings’ of mauve and pink flowers, each petal so detailed it could almost flutter in a breeze.
- Gold thread is used to form the outline of the micro mosaic flowers creating a more opulent appearance and adding a three dimensional effect.
- Look closely and you can see that round, rectangular, triangular and semi-circular shaped tesserae are used as an artist would apply different brush strokes.
- Particularly interesting are the two-tone circles called giacchette.
- The complex process of placing one colour rod inside another, requires two micro mosaic artists to work in synchronicity. When sliced, the concentric rings of colour are revealed
- Set with diamond, kunzite and rubellite
- White gold