- Presented at Watches & Wonders 2021
- Part jewel, part timekeeper, the gem-set watch allows the designers a creative freedom like no other category
- Animals and in particular the panther are the domain of Cartier.
- The house has been making watches featuring this sinuous feline since 1914 yet the designers still manage to find new ways to incorporate the animal into watches.
- One of the defining characteristics of the panther chez Cartier is the creature’s expressiveness and ever-changing attitude.
- From snarling to languid to defiant, the panther has been put through a wide range of emotions and this year sees a pensive big cat in the form of the Panthère Songeuse.
- Relaxed and lost in thought with his eyes half closed, this philosophical panther is draped over the side of the case decorated with stripes of blue enamel and diamonds.