- Cairo is home to Azza who set up Azza Fahmy Jewellery in the 1970.
- An interior designer by training from a well-to-do Cairene family, Azza discovered her passion for jewellery while leafing through a tome at a book fair.
- Today Azza Fahmy Jewellery is run by Azza and her two daughters Fatma Ghali who is now the Managing Director and Amina Ghali, Head Designer
- The Lotus blossom, emerging in the daylight and retracting in the nighttime, was a symbol of rebirth in Ancient Egypt
- In 18-carat yellow gold and silver