- Piaget returns to its roots with the Altiplano, the ultra-slim movement created in 1957.
- In 2018 Piaget upped the ante and unveiled the Altiplano Ultimate Concept, the thinnest mechanical watch in the world.
- In 2020, the concept becomes reality with three different versions of this hand-wound watch that is but 2 mm high, the equivalent thickness of a stack of two credit cards.
- Too thin to be made in gold, the case is machined from a new cobalt-based alloy that is 2.3 times stronger than gold.
- Wafer-thin yet able to withstand impacts, the Piaget Altiplano Ultimate Concept is watch that defies the norms and sets new standards in micro engineering and material innovation.