Tradition with innovation is at the heart of Patek Philippe. This Geneva watch house was first to introduce the highly complex perpetual calendar, coupled with a chronograph mechanism, in 1941. This new version with a blue sunburst dial, encased in white gold, is an evolution of the Patek Philippe ref. 5270G launched in 2011, yet it still retains the classic style and layout of its 70 year-old predecessors and the exquisite attention to detail that this house is known for. As with the original timepiece, this perpetual calendar chronograph displays the day and month aperture at 12 o'clock, the analogue date with phases of the moon display at 6 o'clock, the 30-minute counter at 3 o'clock and the seconds sub-dial at 9 o'clock. For its latest incarnation, some subtle changes have been made to the layout of the dial. The tachometer scale now encircles the outside of the dial, while the black oxidized gold hands have been replaced with elegant white gold hands. The lavishly decorated manual-winding movement CH 29 - 535 PSQ, made up of 456 parts with a large Gyromax balance, is visible through the crystal sapphire window display back, with 33 jewels to protect the hand-polished bearings. The escapement, which oscillates at 28,800 vibrations per hour, has a maximum power reserve of 65 hours and is waterproof to 30m.