The flagship Breguet boutique recently underwent a sleek remodel, with architectural details inspired by the "Clous de Paris" guilloché pattern synonymous with the brand.
In 1775, Abraham Louis Breguet opened his first watchmaking shop on the Quai de l’Horloge in the heart of Paris. A regular visitor, Marie Antoinette was known for her passion for timepieces and became an important client to the House of Breguet. Today, the flagship boutique is located in the centre of the prestigious Place Vendôme, flanked on both sides by such prestigious brands as Dior and Buccellati.
Inside you will find one of the most extensive collections of Breguet watches in the world and, if you follow the stairs up to the first floor, a not-to-be-missed treat for horophiles: a Breguet museum. More than 100 timepieces and artifacts are on display spanning 200 years of horological history, including original technical annotations written by A.L. Breguet, archives, order books, letters from clients, and even the original patent application for the tourbillon, invented and filed in 1801.
Browse the extensive selection of complicated timepieces before heading upstairs to one of just three Breguet museums in the world, housed inside the newly renovated flagship boutique.
In 1976, Breguet moved its workshop to Vallée de Joux, the centre of high-end watchmaking in Switzerland. Combining artistry with exacting technical precision, Breguet furthers the horological legacy of founder A.L. Breguet by continuing to craft everything, from its grande complications to the signature Breguet hands, completely in-house. The women’s timepieces are equally exceptional, blending haute joaillerie with haute horlogerie at the highest possible level.
Breguet’s impressive high jewellery collection is expertly crafted in-house with the same precision we’ve come to expect from the brand's timepieces. Each of its jewellery collections draws from the Maison’s history, specifically important clients such as Marie Antoinette whose tastes and personality inspired many of the designs. The skillfully carved cameos set in the La Rose de la Reine collection come from a famous portrait of the Queen, while the Le Petit Trianon collection incorporates the white marble of the Petit Trianon found on the grounds of the Château de Versailles.